We are available most weekends (Call to confirm attandance)
If you can not make weekends I can set this up when you and I are available. We offer these qualifications on a very flexible basis..
You need to call or email in order to confirm your attendance.
Walk-in's discouraged and may not be accomodated. I am not on the range every weekend
QUALIFICATIONS FEE FOR SINGLE OR GROUPS UP TO 4 OFFICERS ON
SPECIAL RANGE DAY
$100 Single person Qualification one or two weapon types.
$95 pp any qualification.
If I meet you on the range on a day I am not already teaching with 2-4 officers this fee will apply
If I quote you a fee on the phone that fee will apply,regardless.
REGULAR QUALIFICATIONS FEES:
$85.00 First gun
$95.00 Both Revolver and Auto
Qualifications will be held each month at the Blue Mountain Sportsman Center
183 Watch Hill Road Cortland Manor, NY. 10567. You will need to download the affidavit in the right hand corner of this page, fill it out and bring it with you. You will also need 50 rounds of ammo for each weapon type. Please bring with you the signed affidavit and your retired Agency ID. Ammo is sold at Blue Mountain but only Thur-Sunday. Not all calibers are available. Do not take the chance bring your own ammo.
Please have eye and ear protection
Please call or email for date, times and to make a reservation.
Deposits may be required to hold your seat.
Fees to be paid in cash or postal money order, personal checks with prior approval.
H.R.218: The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004
SEC. 3. EXEMPTION OF QUALIFIED RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS FROM STATE LAWS PROHIBITING THE CARRYING OF CONCEALED FIREARMS. (a) In General- Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is further amended by inserting after section 926B the following:
Sec. 926C. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law enforcement officers
(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any political subdivision thereof, an
individual who is a qualified retired law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by
subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign
commerce, subject to subsection (b).
(B) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that (1) permit private
persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or
(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation,
building, base, or park.
(C) As used in this section, the term `qualified retired law enforcement officer' means an
(1) retired in good standing from service with a public agency as a law enforcement officer, other than for
reasons of mental instability;
(2) before such retirement, was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection,
investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and had
statutory powers of arrest;
(3) (A) before such retirement, was regularly employed as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of 10
years or more; or (B) retired from service with such agency, after completing any applicable probationary
period of such service, due to a service-connected disability, as determined by such agency;
(4) has a nonforfeitable right to benefits under the retirement plan of the agency;
(5) during the most recent 12-month period, has met, at the expense of the individual, the State's standards
for training and qualification for active law enforcement officers to carry firearms;
(6) is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and
(7) is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.
(D) The identification required by this subsection is.....
(1) a photographic identification issued by the agency from which the individual retired
from service as a law enforcement officer that indicates that the individual has, not less
recently than one year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm,
been tested or otherwise found by the agency to meet the standards established by the
agency for training and qualification for active law enforcement officers to carry a firearm
of the same type as the concealed firearm; or
(2)(A) a photographic identification issued by the agency from which the individual retired
from service as a law enforcement officer; and
(B) a certification issued by the State in which the individual resides that indicates that the individual has,
not less recently than one year before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm,
been tested or otherwise found by the State to meet the standards established by the State for training
and qualification for active law enforcement officers to carry a firearm of the same type as the
(E) As used in this section, the term `firearm' does not include.....
(1) any machinegun (as defined in section 5845 of the National Firearms Act);
(2) any firearm silencer (as defined in section 921 of this title); and
(3) a destructive device (as defined in section 921 of this title).'.